I find myself being drawn to the same food blogs over and over again. Whatever it is, there are certain people who I find myself thinking, “Yes, I could eat in your house every night and be perfectly content.” Two Peas and Their Pod is one of those blogs.
A few weeks ago they had a post on ravioli. Growing up, ravioli was one of my favorite meals. Cheese-filled pasta? Yep! I can’t eat pasta in such quantities anymore, but the husband would be happy if I made it every night! So I made this ravioli as a nice treat for him, and for myself!
This ravioli is nothing special but SO special at the same time! It is quick and easy and delicious. The ravioli is store-bought – ain’t nobody got time to make that (just kidding … it would really fun to make ravioli some day)! But this sauce makes your pasta taste fresh, homemade, gourmet, and other good food words.
16-20 oz. package of ravioli
1 stick butter
1/2 onion, chopped
2 T fresh sage, chopped
2 T fresh basil, chopped
1/2 fresh lemon, zested and juiced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook ravioli according to package instructions.
2. While cooking ravioli, melt butter in a medium saucepan.
3. Add onion and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice into the saucepan.
5. Add in sage and basil.
6. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
7. Pour sauce over cooked ravioli and serve.