A couple of my dear friends have recently tipped me off to this delicious “any fruit crisp” from Shauna Niequist’s latest book, Bread and Wine. It is a great starting point and easy to adjust to your liking. With endless fruit options in the summer time (and apples to look forward to!), I’m so glad to have this tasty, flexible recipe on hand!
4 cups of fruit of choice (I’ve used strawberries, rhubarb, and blueberries so far this summer!)
1 cup old fashioned oats (I like Bob’s Red Milled Thick Rolled Oat)
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (any nut will do)
1/2 cup almond meal (coconut flour would be another option)
1/4 maple syrup (honey or agave would be great alternatives)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 t salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients (except the fruit) in a bowl.
3. Pour the fruit into an 8×8 pan.
4. Top the fruit with the topping mixture.
5. Cook for 35-40 minutes, until heated through and the topping is lightly browned.